Recycling Pickup Day
Latham Home Sanitation picks up City recycling on Wednesdays. Recycling bins must be left at the curb by 7 a.m. Please call City Hall at 404-294-5400 if you experience any problems with this service.
Free small recycling bins are available at City Hall. Larger ones are available for purchase at most home improvement stores.
Items Accepted for Recycling
- All aluminum items
- All cardboard items (please flatten all boxes)
- All paper products
- All plastic containers labeled 1-5; 7
- Plastics are marked with a number in a triangle, usually on the bottom of the container.
- Most household plastics fall into this category.
Preparing Items to Be Recycled
- Wash items clean to ensure no trace of food waste is on the recyclables.
- There is no need to separate your recyclables.
- Secure all items from being blown away. This can include placing smaller items in a larger box or securing larger containers with a strap. Plastic bags or garbage bags should never be used.
Items Not Accepted
- Styrofoam products
- Any item that had been contaminated with waste, including food, grease, paint, etc.
- Plastic shopping bags, including dry cleaning and other types of plastic bags
Personal Information & Security
Please use caution when putting junk mail solicitations for pre-approved credit card applications, mortgages, or anything that has your