To mitigate exposure to the omicron variant of the Covid-19 virus to residents, staff and others, City Hall will be closed to the public and staff will work remotely Dec. 30 through Jan. 14. Additionally, the following operating procedures have been implemented:
- Public, in-person attendance at all meetings during this time is suspended. All public meetings of boards, commissions and committees, including the Board of Mayor and Commissioners, will be available virtually allowing interested parties to participate without attending in person. Zoom login information will be listed under calendar events on the City’s website.
- The Municipal Court will be suspended during this time frame. Please find information about contacting the court here.
- The City is suspending back door sanitation collection. All residents and businesses are asked to move garbage containers to the curb on scheduled sanitation collection days. In instances where someone is physically unable to perform these tasks, he or she may apply for a special assistance waiver.
- Public Works will go back to staggered work crews and will be working at a lower capacity. Yard wastes will not be picked up at this time.
- Christmas trees will not be picked up from the curb during this time. Public works will resume collecting them after Jan. 14. Residents may take their Christmas trees to the old compost area by the lake, near Wiltshire Drive and Berkely Road.
- Recycling will continue to be picked up as scheduled by the City’s contractor.
We remain committed to the City’s well-being and safety and will reevaluate the situation at the end of this period. Thank you for your continued cooperation and support of the City of Avondale Estates.