In order to reduce transmission and maintain the health and safety of staff, the City will continue implementing the following temporary changes in operating procedures:
- Public, in-person attendance at all meetings is suspended and City Hall is closed to the public. All public meetings of boards, commissions and committees, including the Board of Mayor and Commissioners are available virtually. Zoom login information is listed under each calendar event on the City’s website.
- The Municipal Court is suspended during this time frame. Please find information about contacting the court here.
- Public Works employees are working with staggered crews and at a lower capacity. They ask for your assistance with the following:
- Please take garbage containers to the curb on collection day by 7 a.m. If you're physically unable to perform this task, apply for a special assistance waiver.
- Bag your yard waste. Yard wastes in bags and containers will be picked up, but crews will not pick up loose piles of leaves and sticks.
- Do not make special individual requests to Public Works staff or directly to Public Works leaders.
- Recycling will continue to be picked up as scheduled by the City’s contractor.
City leadership is closely monitoring the COVID-19 case load in the State of Georgia and will reassess the situation at the end of next week. Thank you for your support and stay safe.