The City sends out an electronic newsletter (e-News) by Tuesday each week and as needed for special announcements and crime alerts.
Signing UpUse our online form to sign up to receive the City E-News.
Submission GuidelinesThe City considers all requested E-News entries that aim to promote city events, organizations and community endeavors. Please read the following guidelines and submit E-News articles with all required information to request a City E-News entry.
- The E-News goes out by 5 p.m. on Tuesdays. Deadline for content: noon every Friday. The E-News includes city and community news and spotlights events being held that week.
- Please include the event address, event date and time, a website or Facebook event or page and contact info for people to find out more info.
- E-News entry word count should be under 150 words. Please keep it brief and catchy.
- First person pronouns (I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, ours) will be changed to third-person (he, she, it,
its, him, her, his, hers, they, them, their, theirs).
- The City will typically run a grand opening notice for a new business. For other business promotions, tag the Downtown Development Authority on Instagram or Facebook @exploreavondalega for re-shares.